Sunday, July 17, 2011

Benefits of Swedish Massage or Relaxation Massage

      As I was running around this last week, all I could think about was Saturday night after I had finished work. Not because I had a fun night planned with the girls, or that I was going out on the town with my husband, or we were going to see a movie together for the first time in five years... Nope. I was excited because I could put my feet up and relax, finish the carload of laundry, and actually eat supper before midnight. Hmmm, the next question is, did I actually accomplish any of those items on my highly charged Saturday night to-do list? Well, I made a start on the laundry, ate supper before midnight, and put my feet up but everything was fit and squashed around sorting files, email, writing web content, maximizing search results, blah, blah, blah, work, work, work, work!

     How often have you looked forward to something relaxing and then denied yourself that time to recharge? This is where the value and the sanctity of the Swedish Massage or Spa Massage comes in. By it's very nature you can't multi-task, work, do chores, be everything to everyone. Did you know that the Roman elite visited the baths and received massage as often as once a day, whereas the poor and the slaves would only be free to go once a week! It certainly puts the once a year vacation or the rare 'treat' massage in perspective, and underlines how necessary it is to find easily accessible stress busters.

  What else can you do when you are dog tired and short on time? Taking an hour, an hour and a half, or two hours to receive a Swedish massage is a sound and easy investment in your health that should be regularly scheduled to keep your body and mind ticking along optimally.

Several published studies that have trialed massage* have drawn several relevant (and hopeful) conclusions.

There were significant decreases in
  • tiredness, 
  • pain, 
  • anxiety, 
  • depression (1 and 2)
There were significant improvements in
  • vitality, 
  • general health, 
  • energy, 
  • mood, 
  • ability to sleep, 
  • movement, 
  • health,
  • general health and physical health. (3)
     The cost benefit ratio for Swedish massage is unbelievable, why not try it for yourself and reap the benefits of Swedish Massage, a natural solution for stress and anxiety.
 

*All articles can be found on pubmed, may need subscription to read full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment